Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Accusations, The Fates, and Fear


I received my first accusatory e-mail week. The first one in 15 years.

About a month ago a person ordered some items from my shop, marking payment as "money order" to be sent to my address. No biggie as I do allow this payment method. The items purchased were confusion items and some love items along with one of my PIF candle petitions. For those of you who don't know, my PIF petitions are a service you can purchase for $1.99 and I will light a petition candle on your behalf. All you have to do is something nice for someone else in return. It wasn't until I received the money order in the mail with a letter that I thought something may be a little "off" with this person.

With the money order I received a two page letter with very specific names (5 of them in order of preference) of who I was to make fall in love with the person and who I was to work against-two services I do NOT perform. Had I known these were the services they would request, I would have refused them from the beginning. I DON'T do that kind of work and that is very clear.

I thought maybe they were just being dramatic, as humans can be, so I did the petition to the best of my ability in the manner I work in. I petitioned to bring them love and protection.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have returned the money order.

Last week I received an e-mail from this person saying that after they used my items a cousin had been killed, a loved one was being abused, a car accident and poverty to fall upon them. They were accusing me of committing these acts via my items. They said they had "confided in an enemy" and accused me of working against them.

I was stunned and even scared for some reason. I felt threatened. I had NEVER DREAMED such accusations could have been made against me-never in 15 years have I even had a poor feedback much less an e-mail accusing me of such vial, violent, horrid acts. I was distraught. Thankfully though, I have a strong mine and can reason my way through emotions.

I dug out the letter, which I realized I had kept for some reason, to see if it was the same person. Indeed, it was. The letter was burned outside in my chiminea immediately. I must say, things have been better, back to normal, since I burned it.

This was completely not my fault. Though I felt terrible for this person's traumatic happenings, they were not due to me or my items. I could list many reasons why their accusations didn't make sense. But I know that when a person is desperate to find someone to blame for the misfortune in their life, they are not in the right place to listen to reason.

I responded to them that I did not do such work and would NEVER work against an innocent person I did not know. I explained this was the only complaint I had ever received in 15 years. I explained that death is up to the gods and that no human controls that. They responded "I am glad you brought up god, because god as my witness, this all happened after I used your products."

I was hoping the 15 years of positive work would jostle their mind into thinking about the actual numbers. If this is the only complaint in 15 years, chances are the complaint doesn't have much to do with me.

After coming back from being upset, I felt despair and pity for this person. How hard it is to be in that point of your life where you only blame others. I have been there and it is a vicious cycle; the more you blame others, the worse things get.

No profession is immune from imbalanced people and, I hate to say this, but I think my profession is one of the worst for it. It seems to others that since I work with unseen forces, than these forces are then responsible for all mishaps and misfortune. It's an easy out. If something unseen is committing these acts against you then you don't have to be responsible for your choices. Clearly it is the unseen forces fault and not yours.

As soon as we accept responsibility for the way our lives are, what is happening to us, the sooner the universe can lend accepting energy. The Fates help those that show they are deserving of help. Those who show they will bless others with the blessings they receive. To repeat the same mistakes is to go back, not forward. It is to use up energy not bless others with it.

When you are presented with a choice, The Fates are giving you an opportunity. We all make mistakes but to blame these mistakes on others is to abuse the gifts of The Fates. It's like crying wolf. After a while, they will not come running as quickly. For me, in my practices, one is rewarded for their compassion, giving, hard work, and trying to make the best decisions for all involved. Working to obtain selflessness, by helping others before one's self, is along the path of receiving blessings.

Working against someone I have never even met goes against ever fiber of my being and personality, every theory and practice of my spirituality. I have never suffered such a complaint or accusation. But I will suffer  for this person and pray that my suffering lends them some liberation from their own thoughts and torment. I know that the bit of fear I felt from reading their e-mail is the fear they live with each day. I am blessed that I am able to choose my fears.

Philippians 2:12 "Work out your own salvation with trembling and fear."









7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I get the feeling that the person ordering was not so balanced, as you said. I think the things in their life would have happened anyways, with or without you and your items. One complaint in 15 years is so much more than other workers can say, Ive never seen anyone handle clients with more genuine compassion and caring than you have. Stay blessed.

    ~Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Bianca. i truly appreciate your words and take them to heart:) bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a loving embrace that it may ease the suffering you bear in praying for and with this tormented soul, and if it can't ease the suffering I hope it at least gives you a little bit of comfort. You are so loved and respected and revered, Dear Moma. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mama sarah,
    i am so holding close in my heart and will light a candle and pray for you. you do only good in your work and i have experienced it myself and with my family, we are better for the work you do. stay strong in your good works, for there you will find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you to speak up about this situation. i was just having a conversation w someone earlier today about how people with ill intentions will scatter when they realize that you will speak up and talk to others . its like they get power out of forming a link (or connection for lack of a better word) revolving around an act that they think the other party would feel shame and want to cover up. psychic vampire - thats part of why you felt that tinge of fear. your higher self was alerting you to "the nastys" trying to latch on. some call it the counterfit spirit. the good thing is that this person that you mention totally underestimated you and your connection to your ancestors and spirit guides, as well as all the people that care about you and all the people you have indeed helped (like me :). a person with unhealthy ego would have been offended and gone to extremes to cover up and retaliate, engaging in psychic warfare. i am in awe of your approach to this situation, how you have chosen to present it as a learning experience. What i have learned is the first step to diffusing scenarios conjured up by unscrupable persons after you recognize it, is to speak about it. they don't like for the eye to be on them. i say "unscrupable" because someone with integrity won't even think of engaging in magic that tries to force another's love against their will. personally, i would wager to guess that this person may have had designs to cause conflict to put your job in jeopardy. . perhaps this person has done this sort of thing to other shops on etsy. but, again, its just my own personal opinion. look at it like this, its bound to happen sooner or later when your shop is exposed to the general public. many, many religious zealots out there and many are judgmental and full of scorn towards those who are not of "like mind" for example just ask anyone who is gay what they encounter w such people who also blame them for the problems in the world . its gona be okay. you may want to get out your Devil Ditch and do ojo cleansing. i will light a candle for you, also, as you see others will be. take care and know that you have a great support of love from everyone who cares about you and your family. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you SO much for all the responses, prayers, and loving, supportive words! EC, mama T, and Amy-thank you!!!

    Amy-you are SO write and thank you so much for your well-written and supportive comment. I had similar thoughts but I always expect the best and give benefit of the doubt:)It was bound to happen-true. I am glad I came forward thought it took me a while to figure out my feelings and words to express it. I feel free of all this now and it is all due to the kind words of my friends and client and my spirits:) bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you're going through this. In my time online with the magickal community, I have discovered a lot of people who want miracle workers, who want someone to POOF solve all their problems. I have encountered an uncountable number of people telling me I shouldn't listen to the lwas because I'm white, because I don't have a house telling me what to do, etc. People online are often desperate or insecure, and it ends up creating trouble for honest people out there.

    ReplyDelete