Saturday, October 15, 2011

Working with Saint Expedite



Saint Expedite is the patron of those who hope for rapid solutions to problems, who wish to avoid or put an end to delays, and who want general financial success. His aid is also sought by those who wish to overcome procrastination as a personal bad habit, as well as by shop-keepers and sailors. His feast day is April 19 and His number is 3. I find he and Elegba work very well in dire situations.

Expedite is typically depicted as a young Roman centurion holding aloft a cross marked HODIE ("today" in Latin) and stepping on a crow beneath his right foot. Out of the dying crow's mouth issues a word-ribbon, CRAS ("tomorrow" in Latin). Thus Expedite destroys a vague tomorrow in favour of a definite today.

There is an interesting clue here. CRAS CRAS CRAS is how the Romans imitated the sound of crows (in English, this is CAW CAW CAW), thus crows and ravens are said to always be croaking about "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow." Expedite, by stomping the crow, destroys the vice of procrastination (pro-CRAS-tination means putting things off until tomorrow).

This is the best working I know for Saint Expedite;

You will need a glass of water, my Saint Expedite candle, or one of your choosing, my saint expedite oil and a vase of flowers if possible.The only other addition will be a petition written on a piece of white paper and placed under the candle.

Say the following once you have set the altar to him, anointed and lit His candle.

"Saint Expedite, you lay in rest.
I come to you and ask that this wish be granted.

____________ (Express exactly what you want, and ask him to find a way to get it to you.) 

Expedite now what I ask of you.
Expedite now what I want of you, this very second.
Don't waste another day.
Grant me what I ask for.
I know your power, I know you because of your work.
I know you can help me.
Do this for me and I will spread your name with love and honor
so that it will be invoked again and again.
Expedite this wish with speed, love, honor, and goodness.
Glory to you, Saint Expedite! "

Recite the prayer once a day until your prayer is answered. Allow the candle to burn each day as well. Once the petition or wish has been granted, legend tells that you must offer him a glass of red wine and some pound cake. Some variations on the offerings can be the whole pound cake or slices arranged on a plate with a coin (usually a dime) placed on top. It can be Sara Lee cake from the store-he likes it just as well as home-made. Once a few days have passed, take the cake outside for the birds and pour the wine and water as a libation to the earth. Give the coins to the poor. You must also tell a friend of how saint Expedite has helped you or he will take back the help plus some, and will not help you again.



I offer an entire line of Saint Expedite items and services ranging from several types of candles to a soap, oil and more in my shop. These can be found here; SAINT EXPEDITE ITEMS AND SERVICES



17 comments:

  1. Sarah, I must say this is wonderful information, I worked with St. Expidite after a particularly long stretch of bad luck, and was scared to death but it was an amazing experience...I callee the spell my "When your absolutely done with your old life" spell. Long story short my life reset itself ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read on St. Expedite that he can also help in getting a person out of jail,so i'm working with him on that, i must tell you i had a dream that St. Expedite was in the room with me, i don't know what it means but it was scary and i can;t remember too much about it but he was here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to give thanks to Saint Expedite for doing what i asked of him and if you are ever in need of help for something urgent his is the one to call upon..Thank you Saint Expedite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Saint Expedite, in advance for granting my request. I am trusting and believing you will come through for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you in advance for your loving help.��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you St. Expedite for granting my desperate request! I really needed a job before my unemployment ran out, I thank God for you and may your name be praised! God bless this site where I learned how to pray to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you St. Expedite for granting my desperate request! I really needed a job before my unemployment ran out, I thank God for you and may your name be praised! God bless this site where I learned how to pray to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you saint expedite for your assistance,it's came faster than I was expected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Saint Expedite for your assistance, it's came faster than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do I get the oil and incense and candle to burn to St.Expedite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link at the bottom of the article where is says "SAINT EXPEDITE ITEMS HERE"

      Delete
  11. Happy Feast Day, Saint Expedite. Today, I honor and ​glorify ​your name​ for you are the glorious martyr who answers prayers with haste​.​ I am truly blessed ​to have received your assistance in the past and give thanks for the help you will provide me in the future. ​​Today is your day, and I praise your name- your delivery is true and ​your promise complete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to not believe in saints. Then, for some reason, I really felt that I wanted to develop my spiritual practice and start working with St. Expeditus - his story really resonated with me. I am grateful now that we can work with saints and they certainly have our backs. Thank you for proving to this one that you are real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you st. Expedite in advance doe helping me with my financial problems

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you st. Expedite in advance for yr assistance with my financial issues

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you St. Expedite for having mercy on the poor and those that call upon you when in desperate need. I am forever so very grateful to you and will honor you as the Great Intercessor that goes before the throne of God on behalf of us.

    ReplyDelete